Below, you can find instructions on how to use the JobTeaser service.
General information about JobTeaser
In Finland, several universities and universities of applied sciences have started using the JobTeaser service. A few things to note about using the different JobTeaser platforms and signing up:
- Via the Aarresaari online portal, you can submit your job/traineeship advertisement to all or selected universities using the JobTeaser service with a single form. The advertisement must be submitted separately to each university of applied sciences using the JobTeaser service.
- You should use an incognito/anonymous browser window when submitting a job/traineeship advertisement. You cannot stay logged in to the Aarresaari JobTeaser platform as well as the platforms of other universities at the same time in the same browser.
- In addition to this, JobTeaser offers a paid service that allows you to submit a job/traineeship advertisement to all Finnish universities and universities of applied sciences at the same time – or publish the advertisement across the whole Europe, of you wish. Please contact JobTeaser directly about this option.
- If your organisation has several recruiters and you want to use the same recruitment account to submit job/traineeship advertisements, the account must be opened using a shared email address.
Filling in the advertisement
- The title of the job ad: In JobTeaser, you advertise in an environment where many interns are wanted. Thus, for example, “Intern” alone as a title does not stand out from the crowd and says very little to the applicant.
- Contract type/traineeship: Universities require that the pay for the traineeship be visible. Universities do not publish traineeships located in Finland in which the pay is less than the minimum wage for employees who meet the work requirement applicable to an employee for earnings-related unemployment allowance as specified by Kela (€1,283 per month in 2022). Exception: international traineeships, for which students can apply for an Erasmus grant, for example.
The job description must clearly state whether a traineeship grant, paid by the university, is required for the traineeship.
- Job category and tags: Select the category that best describes the job. You can only select one category. In addition to this, you can also select additional terms, such as linguistics or forestry.
- Summer jobs/trainee programmes: If your organization is looking for dozens or even hundreds of employees to the same ad/program, you should consider making at least a few separate ads to JobTeaser about the various tasks in the program. In JobTeaser, you can only select one job area for an individual ad. For example, it is a good idea to separate engineering and communication jobs into your own ads. According to their own chosen criterias, students follow ads in their own JobTeaser view.
- Job visible to the following studentst: You can target your job/traineeship advertisement at all universities that use JobTeaser or only the ones you have selected. After submitting the advertisement, you will also be able to see all of the universities’ fields of education. You do not need to edit them, because the students will use their own view to choose what kind of job/traineeship advertisements they want to follow.
- Advertisement language: Select the language of the advertisement: your options include Finnish, English and Swedish. If you are trying to reach international students in Finland, write your advertisement in English.
- Contact information: Add the contact details of the contact person in the ‘Job description’ field. The contact information of the JobTeaser recruitment account holder is not visible to students in the published advertisement. All job/traineeship advertisements should include the contact information of a person who can provide more information on the role.
- Archiving date: The advertisement will be archived on the day after the last application date.
- Application deadline: If you select the option ‘No deadline’, the option is visible for the students as the text: The job/traineeship advertisement will be removed as soon as the position is filled.
- Applications: Alternatively, JobTeaser offers you the option of directing the applications to an email address or an external website, if you have your own recruitment system or similar. When you select email, the system generates an ‘Apply’ function for students in the advertisement, through which students can include a brief cover note or application in addition to their CV, depending on your choice.
Email and JobTeaser account
By selecting this option, you will receive the students’ profile information and applications in your email, and they are also saved in your JobTeaser recruitment account, where you can review them.
Email and JobTeaser account application types:
– CV + short text: students can include a message of max. 1,000 characters with their CV.
– CV + cover letter: in addition to their CV, students can also send their own cover letter/application as a .pdf file.
Students can only send these attachments via JobTeaser. If you want students to send other attachments, you should mention in the advertisement that the attachments must be included in the same file as the application or instruct the students to send the applications via email instead of using the ‘Apply’ function in JobTeaser.
The students cannot see the email address in the advertisement, but with the ‘Apply’ (Hae) function, the applications are directed to the correct address and recruitment account.
You can only use the same link to your website once in the system. This means that you should not link to your general recruitment page; instead, you need to link directly to the specific job/traineeship advertisement. However, if you must use the same link, you can add e.g. #1, #2 etc. after the link address. This makes them appear as different links to the system, but they will all still lead to the same page.
Directly to your email address
If you want students to send their applications directly to your own email address and you do not want to use your JobTeaser account, you can instruct the applicants in the text field: ‘Do not use the “Apply” function in JobTeaser, send the applications to the following address via email:’.
JobTeaser recruitment account and processing applications
- Employer’s JobTeaser recruitment account
You can monitor the status of your advertisements in your account. For example, you can see whether your advertisements have been published or rejected. When you open the advertisement, you can see how many times it has been viewed. The universities that the advertisement is targeting may change, because universities can hide an advertisement if it does not fit their fields of education or their own terms of publication. You can also create a copy of an old advertisement and publish it again.
- Receiving and processing applications with a JobTeaser recruitment account
You can use your JobTeaser account to review applications. The students’ applications are saved in the Online tab. You can process applications with the ‘Accept’ or ‘Reject’ functions. The student will not be sent any message about the selection, but by approving the application, you can see the student’s contact information and send a message about the next steps in the application process. The message will be sent to the applicant’s email address.
You can replace JobTeaser’s default message with your own message.
How to notify those who applied for the position in JobTeaser about the end of the application process ‘Unfortunately, you were not selected for the position at this time.’
- Open the closed job/traineeship advertisement in the archives and click the ‘Applications’ section.
- Select all applications there or only select the individual applications with which you will not be continuing the application process.
- Click ‘Reject’ for all of them, and you will be able to write a message to be sent to the email addresses of all rejected applicants.
If you have any questions about the JobTeaser service, please contact us at the address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Go to JobTeaser
- Universities’ terms and conditions for publication
- Back to the main page
- Video from JobTeaser about the service